Sunday, July 10, 2011

Date Night!

On Friday I had a date with my husband!  I sent the boys to their grandparents' house and then went out to get my hair styled and my make-up applied by a person who has better sense than me about that kind of thing, and turned on my computer at 9:00 to meet with my spouse.  (Actually, he called at 9:00 to ask if I was going to show up at nine, as I was doing the stereotypical girl thing and taking too long to prep... so it wasn't till 9:10 that I finally got on-line.)  He was soooo handsome, my heart skipped a beat when I first caught sight of him.
We talked for three hours about our kids, our work, the wonderful memories we share, and what we hope to do together the next time we get the opportunity to see each other.  While it was horrible to see his lips and not kiss them, the see his arms held out to me that I cannot hug, to know that he smells like my husband but I can't get even a small whiff, I am still so grateful for the technology that allowed us to enjoy this date together.

No comments:

Post a Comment